It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Learn more about our funeral home and chapel services to help make planning decisions.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
How to Plan a Funeral
Funeral planning can be confusing and stressful for a family. Our staff at Metropolitan Funeral Chapel will guide you through every step of funeral planning. Take a look at our funeral checklist below:
1. Final Disposition Options - We explain all options to families in great detail so an informed decision can be made.
2. Choose the Type of Ceremony - If you choose to have a ceremony, we work with you to arrange the type of ceremony. We can arrange various types of ceremonies from very traditional ceremonies to more personalized celebration of life ceremonies.
3. Information Gathering – One of our staff members will ensure all the vital information is gathered from you and your family.
4. Selection of Memorial Items – We offer a wide range of memorial items including vaults, urns, caskets, flowers, memorial DVDs and Executor’s Planning Kit.
5. Handling the Logistics – We will ensure everything runs smoothly on the day of the funeral including the valet to pick up the family and how the remains will be transported.
6. Financing Options – We will review your total quote and walk you through our various financing options.
7. Finalize the Arrangement – Once we have finalized all your choices and the details, a permanent file will be created at Metropolitan Funeral Chapel.
Our funeral planning guide also consists of the resources below which includes information on planning a cremation service and a celebration of life.
Preparing For a Funeral Service
What is involved in preparing for a funeral service? The specific details largely depend on whether you are a member of the immediate or extended family, or simply a guest. Learn more about preparing for a funeral in this section of our website.
How to Plan a Cremation Service
Choosing cremation doesn't mean there can't be a remembrance service. Learn how to plan for the memorialization of a loved one through ceremony and remembrance.
How to Plan-a-Celebration of Life
Because it's an opportunity to showcase someone's unique life story and achievements, today's celebration-of-life is a deeply personal event. If you think such an event is the right choice for your situation, here's what should know about planning celebrations-of-life.
Funeral Service Trends
Today's families can choose from a wide variety of funeral services ranging from the traditional to a more personalized celebration-of-life. In this section, we invite you to learn more about the change in funeral service trends.
We invite you to contact us at (585) 436-7730 or by email at email@example.com.